- My organization is physically located in a county not listed in your service area. However, the project I’m requesting funds for will target residents who are in your funding region. Can I still apply?
Yes, depending on your project and circumstances. Contact Marian Clowes, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shei Sanchez, Program Officer, at email@example.com to discuss your request. You may also call 304-424-6080.
- What should I do if I’m not sure if my project fits within the scope of one of your priority areas?
Contact Marian Clowes, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if your request may be a good fit for our foundation.
- Is there a limit on the amount I can request?
For the Basic Needs/Direct Service Grant Program, the grant request range is $500 to $5,000. For the Responsive Grant Program, grant requests generally range from $500 to $50,000, with the average grant award being $18,000. View our grants awarded page to see the types of projects we have funded and at which levels.
- Can I request funding for more than one year?
Yes. Multiple-year grants will be considered if you can show that the nature of the project requires extended time. We prefer that you inform us in your initial application of your plans to request future funding. Disbursements are made after year-end reports are received and reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Would it help my request if I have others (agencies, volunteers, funders, etc.) who are willing to partner with my organization to implement my project?
Absolutely! Collaboration is a critical element in a successful proposal. We are rarely the sole funder of a project. Whether it is financial assistance, in-kind donations, or volunteer efforts, we look for others who demonstrate commitment to your project.
- I am ready to complete the final report for my grant award. How do I access the form?
Click here to log-in to our online system and complete your report.